Headteacher Mr Matthew Warren – April 2022
I am so proud to be the new Headteacher of Illogan Primary School. Please enjoy our website and take a look at some of the wonderful things we do here.
Our brand new ‘Key Behaviours’ are:
Do the Right Thing at the Right Time!
Work Hard – Better Never Stops
If in Doubt – be Kind!
Look out for us all embodying these behaviours as we make the most of every minute!
The main priorities, I have identified going forward are to provide:
• A safe school where children and adults feel valued
• High expectations of behaviour and outcomes
• An inspiring and knowledge-rich curriculum
• A focus on reading and promoting a love of books
• Further re engagement with the community and Curnow School
• Precise support for children with additional needs
• A happy place to learn and work “Teamwork makes the dream work!”
The most successful educational establishments develop the best relationships between school and
home. Only together will we make the biggest difference to the children’s future life chances. I look forward to reestablishing the school at the centre of the fantastic Illogan village community.
Illogan School shares an amazing building and great facilities with Curnow School. Through our joint mission statement of ‘Two Schools, One Community’ we seek to create great opportunities to maximize and strengthen the benefits of inclusive working for both schools.
If you need to chat, I can often be found at the gate at the end of the day. You can also get hold of me via
Class Dojo or a good old-fashioned telephone call. f you’d like to find out more about Illogan School please ring 01209 842360. We’d love to show you around.